odd h-k short in samsung tv

tv is samsung CB-5062 20 ". chassis seems to be an ONWA.

initial symptoms: dark picture with only blue on.

-lifted one end of the blue driver resistor away from the connection to the cathode - still blue.

-connected output of the blue driver resistor with the red and vice versa - no change.

-Tried isolating the filament by disconnecting the heater trace and the ground next to it, then wrapping a couple of turns of wire round the line output transformer - no change

-now with the heater isolated, if i disconnected the blue cathode from its drive, there was no pic at all despite there being a glow

- looking closely at the crt neck, with all 3 colours connected and heater isolated, only one filament appears to be lit. The focus and screen controls also interact. seems like the tube has some multiple problems. I've seen and dealt with many hk shorts and seen bad line transformers with the focus-sceen shorted internally, but not these symptoms together. I'd be curious to know if anyone has seen these symptoms all together in one set before!!?? regards, -B