Battery - Ericsson T18z

Does anyone on here in the Toronto area know where I can get a battery for my Ericsson T18z cell?

When I got my last bettery two years ago all of these little kiosks in the malls and fleamarkets had them but they look at me like I'm crazy when I ask about it. Then they try to sell me a new phone!

I've spent hours on the phone trying to track one down with no luck, yet a search on the net finds all kinds of places in the US selling them. Phone is 5 years old but does texting and email so I can't see replacing it.

I'm disabled with mobility problems and can't wander the stores and thought someone here may know of something. Even a wholesaler would be OK

The batter number is 788NIB

Regards Lee

Reply to
glog

Hi Lee,

Try this place in Toronto.

They sell on-line

Cheers, Larry

snipped-for-privacy@sympatico.ca wrote: : Does anyone on here in the Toronto area know where I can get a battery : for my Ericsson T18z cell? : : When I got my last bettery two years ago all of these little kiosks in : the malls and fleamarkets had them but they look at me like I'm crazy : when I ask about it. Then they try to sell me a new phone! : : I've spent hours on the phone trying to track one down with no luck, : yet : a search on the net finds all kinds of places in the US selling them. : Phone is 5 years old but does texting and email so I can't see : replacing it. : : I'm disabled with mobility problems and can't wander the stores and : thought someone here may know of something. Even a wholesaler would : be OK : : The batter number is 788NIB : : : Regards : Lee

Reply to
Larry

Larry..... thanks very much for the link. I've sent them an email to find out if they really have it.

Regards Lee in Toronto

Reply to
glog

Frank S.

Frank.... someone here posted a link for a Toronto based on-line place. Their prices were outrageous, and when I contacted them, they said that store sales would be even higher. They don't actually have a store, just an office and a small warehouse! I gave them a tongue lashing and pulled the poor old disabled senior bit, and they chopped their price from $65. to $40. A friend of mine is driving me up on Wed to pick up a new battery. I'm going to tear apart an old battery and see if I can find replacement solder tab cells at an electronics supplier and have someone re-build the pack.

Thanks for your concern. I hate discarding something that works perfectly well, and especially this phone as it does text messaging, email, and has voice control.

Regards Lee in Toronto

Reply to
glog