battery recycling

I notice that batteries have their own separate recycle bins, they have to be separated due to the toxic metal content.

What processing is done on them?

-- Rich

Reply to
RichD

Graham

Reply to
Eeyore

I still put mine in the garbage, I don't use that many and use rechargeables everywhere.

Reply to
Punjab The Sailor Man

"Punjab The Sailor Man" wrote

If you can't dispose of your batteries properly, we will have to take them away from you, just as a parent has to take a toy away from a child who isn't responsible enough to play with it properly.

Reply to
HangEveryRepubliKKKan

You're an idiot on two counts.

YOU'RE responsible for a child's actions, because YOU'RE the parent. The child under legal rights is not responsible for anything. (Within reason, you're the one who's supposed to be supervising in the first place).

Secondly, (more on topic this time):

That works well and good in an ideal world, but come to Australia, where you can buy toxic chemicals and substances (and articles that contain toxic chemicals and substances), easily off the shelf.

Then try to dispose of it "properly" when you're done with it.

No-one wants to know you.

--
Linux Registered User # 302622
Reply to

"John Tserkezis" wrote

And like a child you have proven yourself to be irresponsible and irrational.

As a result we will have to take your toys away until you mature intellectually.

I suspect you will never become a mature adult, and probably still shit your underpants on occasion.

"John Tserkezis" wrote

I suppose that will mostly be halted as Australia becomes more and more a desert.

"John Tserkezis" wrote

Have you ever thought - child - that you shouldn't purchase it in the first place, if you can't dispose of it safely?

No such thoughts are adult thoughts. Children aren't expected to consider anything beyond their immediate gratification.

"John Tserkezis" wrote

Actually, I am highly reguarded by absolutely everyone who knows me. You don't know me, and that is your loss.

Meanwhile the Globe continues to warm, and Australia continues to become an uninhabitable desert.

Reply to
HangEveryRepubliKKKan

Considering only 2% of the male population ever become "mature adults"...

Yes, and the last time was only 35 years ago. Seems like only yesterday...

We're the second driest continent in the world, and only half of the country gets more than 25cm of rainfall in a year. Or so some google finds say so...

So what?

Were you dropped as a child? No really.

If it's on the shelf, people will buy it. Be it lead acid batteries, or NiCds or whatever.

Yourself likewise, can't see what normal society does.

Just the way I like it.

And I'm sure those three people really, really like you.

I'm already at a loss.

Be sure to keep burning up that oil like there's no tomorrow.

--
Linux Registered User # 302622
Reply to
John Tserkezis

No, it's not that. I just don't give a f*ck. Don't get excited, just try and calculate how many billion tons of batteries are already in the land fills and dumped in the ocean like New York used to do with their garbage.

Reply to
Punjab The Sailor Man

"John Tserkezis" wrote

That's an interesting statistic you just pulled out of your immature ass.

Do you have a reference or do we just assume that you are a fraud as well as an immature dolt?

"John Tserkezis" wrote

Glad to see you have such fond memories of it.

"John Tserkezis" wrote

Good question. Australia is the second driest continent... So what?

I suppose your question might be answered by your fellow countrumen and women as Australia becomes more and more a desert.

"John Tserkezis" wrote

Have you ever thought - child - that you shouldn't purchase it in the first place, if you can't dispose of it safely?

"John Tserkezis" wrote

As I said, if you are not responsible enough to properly dispose of your toys then we will have to take them away from you.

"John Tserkezis" wrote

Unlike you, I do not exist at the subsistance ape level.

"John Tserkezis" wrote

Responding to yoursef. Pathetic, Ignorant, Child. IQ 55

"John Tserkezis" wrote

Ah, and a flaming Lintard as well.

Ahahahahahahaahah... Truly a moron's moron.

Reply to
HangEveryRepubliKKKan

Phil, is that you? Resorted to changing your name have you?

Or are you just another four-brain-celled Phil Allison wannabe?

--
Linux Registered User # 302622
Reply to
John Tserkezis

"Punjab The Sailor Man" wrote

Then die, you worthless piece of excrement.

Reply to
HangEveryRepubliKKKan

global , warming, yeah right , thats a lie, but some how you can buy as MANY CARBON CREDITS as you want , then make as much pollution as YOU WANT.

Reply to
mark krawczuk

"mark krawczuk" wrote

The idea is rather simple. Pick up a piece of garbage today so that you can be free to drop a couple of pieces of garbage tomorrow.

Reply to
HangEveryRepubliKKKan