Antenna equipment

I have a job to install an antenna system for a customer. I plan to use a 3 foot tripod mounted on his roof peak, RG6U Quad, and two 5 foot mast sections. We're in a deep fringe area for UHF and years ago when I did these on a regular basis I used Winegard 8200 antennas and their 8780 pre amps. The antenna is a combo unit and is still a good choice as we still have high band VHF stations operating in this area. The UHF section which I'm most concerned about has 40 UHF elements. Winegard preamps consistently had the best UHF noise figure of all of the others. The 8780 has a gain on UHF of 27 db with a 3DB noise figure. Of course I'll need a rotor as well. I used to install the Alliance rotors with all my antenna jobs years ago exclusively and never had one fail in the field. They were nice units. Now apparently all that is available is the Channel Master or worse yet Tandy which is probably another Chinese pile of crap. (This is all predicated on whether or not you can even find a rotor out there right now at all). The channel Master unit was a POS then and probably still is. And I don't even want to think about "Tandy". I really want to install a decent rotor that I won't be married to. I don't want to install one of these "homeowner grade" things and hope that I won't have to be climbing up this guys roof again in two months on my own time to replace it. Also does anyone know of a wholesale distributor preferably in the Northeast for antenna supplies with good pricing for dealers? Thanks, Lenny

Reply to
captainvideo462002

Andy

You might look at the Yaesu G-450A:

"The G-450A is ideal for turning a VHF system, ...."

I use the Yaesu G-450XL -- which seems to be the model the G-450A replaced -- in amateur radio service. Unless they cheapened it and dumbed it down, I can recommend it.

Jonesy

--
  Marvin L Jones    | jonz          | W3DHJ  | linux
   38.24N  104.55W  |  @ config.com | Jonesy |  OS/2