Advice - repair to six pin connector to dvd writer.

Hi, I have a LG GSA 5163D DVD/CD Rewriter on which a pin in the six pin connector from the AC/DC adapter has sheared off at the base. Have spent some time Googling but cannot find anywhere obvious to go for possible repair. I can buy a new rewriter for the cost of replacement, so that does not appeal. Does anyone know of a repairer for this kind of thing in this area. Reg

Reply to
Reg M

In the UK? Ask around for a good tech who can figure a way to keep this going. You may need to cut off both the plug and socket and replace them with something else. It won't look original, but at least it will work.

--
.
.

Thanks for that, I should have said I live to the south west of London.

Reply to
Reg M

Ask around the neighbours. There's always one guy out there who'll take a little extra time to help - you just have to find him.

--
.
.

I am asking around as well - who knows, the guy next door may read this and know something :-) Reg

Reply to
Reg M