connector advice

Hello,

I am looking for a connector that will work like a d-sub (9 pin) but does not have quite as tight a connection. I have a rather unique application for it. I have a box whose inner temperature and humidity I need to be able to control. The temperature and humidity controls funnel through the connector. The entire box sits on a base with another connector of the opposite gender. This way, the temperature and humidity controls can be connected to the power supply (through the base) without a lot of loose wires. Loose wires create several problems, the worst being that they can block the beam of light that we use to make measurements of our samples.

I was originally planning on using d-sub 9 connectors, but their tight connection makes removing the box from the base a challenge. Furthermore, since the box is removed from and put back on the base several times a day, I'm worried that the d-subs will break quickly. Can anyone recommend any items that will solve these problems? I need something about as small as a d-sub, and it must be mountable. I only need 6 pins, not 9.

Thanks, Ian Hlavacek snipped-for-privacy@rice.edu

Reply to
Ian

"Ian" wrote in news:bh10bk$glo$ snipped-for-privacy@joe.rice.edu:

The pins of the DB9 are not the issue when it comes to friction, it is the hood. Judicous use of a file or pliers on the male hood should resolve your mating friction problems. (hoo boy, could one go places with this (:>))

"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from
magic."

Arthur C. Clarke (1917 - ), "Technology and the Future"
Reply to
Rich Andrews