1970s Flymo (21") ignition

My ancient Flymo points are worn out and the original Ducati set of points is now unobtanium - so I thought this looks like a good solution and benefits from not having to dismantle to set the points and timing every now and again (replaces the mechanical points and capacitor etc):

So I've ordered one and will see how it goes but I wondered if anyone happens to know roughly how the optimum timing for the unit is automatically detected electronically! Just interested in the cleverness! C+

Reply to
Charlie+