Ancient transistors?

I have a 1968 s-state stereo amplifier hooked up to my computer. Sounds nice, but one channel has had a heart attack.

I've not found anyone to repair it (yet) but I suspect the last devices in line, 4 x 2SB337. I'll pull them out and test them.

Is there anywhere in Oz that might have a couple of these, in the event that I need them? I'm in Canberra.

Paul Blair

Reply to
Paul Blair

"Paul Blair"

** Germanium, PNP, 40 volts, 7 amps, 12 watts diss, odd package.

I reckon you are out of luck.

............ Phil

Reply to
Phil Allison

About the best you will get locally (WES Components) is the AD149. At least they are still listed in their catalogue. They have a lower Ic(max) of 3.5A compared to 7A so you may need to increase the value of the emitter resistors. Without circuit detail it is difficult to be more specific.

Reply to
Ross Herbert

"Ross Herbert" Paul Blair

** Looks like a different ( ie smaller than TO3 ) pack to me.

I considered the AD149 as a sub but discounted it on that basis.

............ Phil

Reply to
Phil Allison

TO-3, c/w sockets! I can but them by the hundred from HK...but heck!

Paul

Reply to
Paul Blair

** Then use AD149s - WES sell them for a few bucks.

** That is hard to believe - Ge devices are scarce as anything.

Beware, HK is famous for selling fakes.

............. Phil

Reply to
Phil Allison

and you infamous for being a f****it , wots your point ? d*****ad .

Reply to
uHU

It looks like his point(s) is(are) don't buy from HK because chances are they are fakes and also you can buy single units here in Aus instead of having to buy hundreds. Now I may have completely missed something but that seemed quite obvious. Personally I don't know whether or not it is correct so don't take this as an endorsement, merely an interpretation.

Matthew

Reply to
Matthew Gunn

quotes prices in Australian dollars so I guess they'll supply you.

Graham

Reply to
Pooh Bear