Golf Caddy - totally worn out speed control pot

How common is this, I've never seen a pot like this? the wiper that covers the conductive ring is worn down to 2 disconnected stubs and the triplet one covering the resistive track very worn and one wiper soon to break through. Spindle/ bush is noticeably worn also. Curiously metal and conductive tracks are scored but not worn through.

2 year old trolley but owner does 2 rounds of 36 holes a week. So say 100,000 rotation limit in the pot specs then requires an average of 7 starts and 7 stops per hole to reach this specced limit.

Coincidence , I note message on pots just preceeding my one

N_Cook