bright Future for Kylix

Please read:

http://aaxnet.com/editor/edit029.html

one of the core paragrpaps:

"Paradoxically, a strong open source alternative is the best hope for a
revived commercial software industry. Much software needed by businesses
is
simply of no interest to open source developers. As Linux becomes a
mainstream business operating system, the market for commercial software
running on Linux expands."

-Michael

Re: bright Future for Kylix

Yes, its interesting, and the subject too. Because i've been waiting for
long for a "good" IDE for C/C++ in Linux. I dont have the time (and
experience) to work always with commandline-tools. It's simply too
complicated to me. So my applications for my embedded-linux-system are
written in kylix, after some (not very successful) tries in kdevelop.
For this reason it is the right group i think. For me embedded linux
does not mean, that you have to work harder than in other environments.

Maybe i'm wrong, maybe i'm to new to this fields, but thats my opinion.

regards, Jens

--
Die obige Adresse ist OK, wird aber nicht gelesen.
Für Mails an mich bitte das Wort "usenet" gegen

   Much depends on what you mean by an embedded linux system --
   if it's a full-featured PC embedded into a comfortable apartment,
   I cannot but agree with you.

Sincerely Yours,

      VictorVS.

Re: bright Future for Kylix

One drawback is that Borland -compilers only support i386.

--
(ingen smarte utsagn)

Site Timeline