Latest threads in Embedded Linuxshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

MX1 (arm assembly)
Greetings, I'm currently evaluationg the MX1 ADS board and i love it ! I'm new to the embedded world. After few weeks, i have made my own little distribution But i'll have to program some assembly...

Monta Vista flash
Does anyone know how to properly configure mtd flash under MV 2.4.17? Here is the situation: There are two flash chips, 16M each. They are contiguous in memory. Redboot creates partitions in them as...

open source SNMP Agents???
I need an open source SNMP Agent just to simulate a few MIBs (host, printer and a proprietary). I've been trying to use Net-SNMP for a while but it's a large, difficult and has little documentation....

Accessing physical memory from kernel module
Hi I am working with an Arm. It has several Chip Select Lines. I am working on a kernel module, using RTAI. From User Space I can use open("/dev/mem", O_RDWR | O_SYNC) and mmap to access the memory...
1
1

api porting and compliance
hello friends, I am working on providing api conformance and compatibility to various protocol stacks of UMTS network that will run on an embedded cards system. I am in os team and my work is to give...

linux on a DOC
how to put a linux image into a DiskOnChip . Do tell me some links/guides. karthik bala guru
1
1

Using DMA to service externel peripherals(FIFO) in PXA255 Processor
I've been trying to transfer data from external memory(SDRAM) to companion chip(FIFO) using DMA. It was possible to transfer data from external memory to external memory using DMA, but I can't if I...
1
1

signal handler problem
Hi All, Apparently it is not uncommon for signal handlers to "lose or undected" signals once in a while. Does anyone know why this might be and weather the problem may be fixed or at least improved?...
1
1

Assembly Help!!
Hi, there. I'm kind of a newbie in embedded programming. Now, I'm customizing imported BSP to fit our new platform, but Assembly language is killing me. I hope your help and thanks, In advance. * We...
1
1

Modem, chat & pppd...
Hi all! How can I test if chat and pppd can see the modem? Minicom can initalizing the modem and the modem can compose the telephone number I give it, but with pppd and chat I cant do this. I have...
2
2

SBC Board with ADSL & Fast-Ehternet interface.
Hi . Im trying to find a small SBC board for an Internet Gateway/ Firewall solution, but I need an ADSL interface for it, and the fastethernet. (a board with Compact flash would also be welcome) a...
1
1

Best recommended hardware
I am thinking to start a business in home security/control. I am looking for a cheap solution. The best hardware I would think of would have lots of I/O (maybe 40 lines...), low power consumption, 2...

Re: X11 or QT/Embedded as GUI?
is another option based on qtopia. And it uses the konqueror as a browser. jre1.4 is not available for most PDA platforms. Oliver -- _____________________________________________ Oliver Fels Feed...

Embedded Linux Newsletter for July 17, 2003
has just published its latest weekly Embedded Linux Newsletter, with all the latest news and info from the exciting world of Embedded Linux and Linux-based gadgets. Read it here: best wishes to all!...

try my account
just try my new account