Latest threads in Embedded Linuxshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

I would like to
Enter the embedded worold but where do I start? Wich hardware is best for a beginer, (I am retired, so it's only for fun??) which tools are best ( with same remarcs ) where to buy them, cost? BTW: I...
20
20

iPhone Wireless Comms with Embedded Linux Device
Hello, I am looking for advice on protocols for use in LAN comms between an iPhone and an embedded Linux device. The embedded Linux device requires the following functionality... 1. Connectible to...

More Linux People Needed
Linux experience for a programmer is a good thing: "Eight in 10 (81%) survey respondents say that hiring Linux talent is a priority in 2012. This pressing matter is particularly evident when Linux...
1
1

Joseph Michael, Where is your proof you won European Inventor Of The Year Award?
Below you will see the insane ranting of Joseph Michael, elected President of (I am not kidding!). Joseph Michael makes many claims, such as this: Joseph Michael, Where is your proof you won European...
2
2

Migrating QNX to Linux
I'm writing an article about migrating QNX based embedded systems and PlayBook apps to Linux and Android. Has anyone any experience/ideas/opinions with/on/about this?

Reading the Riot Act To ARM's developers
Reading the Riot Act To ARM's developers ---------------------------------------- I've had the pleasure of writing some ARM code lately and honestly guys it sucks. Coming from the world of PICs, where...
60
60

alloc_pages_exact vs. alloc_pages
In order to save memory, is there any downside to using alloc_pages_exact instead of alloc_pages?
1
1

alsa / codec driver
*, I did a quick search, but didn't find anything. I apologize if this is the wrong area or already answered. Please post the correct forum. Currently, I am trying to get the tlv320aic3104 (ti codec)...
1
1

board-specific kernel .config files?
I can pick up any number of kernel source trees for my Beagleboard from all sorts of places, either git repositories or as tarballs. (FWIW, Beagleboard is a low-cost ARM OMAP3 hardware platform, kind...
2
2

Problem with initrd not creating /dev/ram0
Hi guys, I have a hair-tearing problem here and I hope some one is able to help me. I have built linux 2.6.39.4. Unfortunately, for some reason I don't get /dev/ram0 but /dev/root: Filesystem...

Kernel for ARM.
Hi, I'm trying to build new kernel for my ATMEL AT91SAM9260 processor. Kernel provided by manufacturer work well but my kernels sends garbage to a serial console. Original kernel:...
5
5

USB Host - TI hub TUSB2046B doesn't detect USB devices
I have a problem on embedded platform running with very limited toolchain. I have TI Hub connected to USB host on chip. This hub seems to be detected properly (dmesg attached), but sierra wireless...

job opening for TI bangalore 1-2 years
Hello, we are looking for a candidate with good communication skill and good knowledge on linux, preferably with 1-2 year experience. Excellent package. The candidate will be trained before interview....

wake and sleep viper board with PXA255
Hi I have a viper board with a PXA255 (kernel Linux viper 2.6.21.7-ael2 #1 Fri May 2 14:30:18 BST 2008 armv5tel unknown) and I would like the board to wake up when data is coming on the port COM4...

How to do when lost the password of Ubuntu?
I install the ubuntu on my computer and then I try to use on my SBC8530 board, but the question is that I lost my password and I don't want to install it again, it is not easy to install. So how can I...