Virtual Machine that can run embedded Linux

Hello,

I'm looking for an application and hopefully a device that I could use to run 2 instances of an embedded linux OS on a cellular phone. The phone would ideally boot into the virtual machine monitor (VMM) and then load the 2 seperate operation systems both as virtual machines. The architecture is unimportant as long as there is currently a mobile phone supporting it and a VMM supporting it.

If anyone has any information, references, or resources that they could point me to, I would really appreciate it. Or if anyone knows of any emulators for developing (linux or windows x86) I would also appreciate it.

Thanks

-Chris D.

Reply to
TCM

I did not have much knowledge on that but if you just do Linux there is XEN and "user mode Linux" and supposedly some more choices.

If you need the "other" OS for realtime or security purpose there is RTAI (free open source) and PikeOS (commercial by SysGO) and some others.

-Michael

Reply to
Michael Schnell