Install a Linux system on a LG KS20

Greetings,

I would like to collect some informations about installing or using Linux on a cellular-phone device (LG KS20). The motive is purely educational (Self pride and such...). Is there a project determined to install Linux on such a device ?

A friend of mine told me he could 'flash' the device so I suppose that the actual operating system is stored on a writeable Flash device. The next thing would be :

  • Find accurate and verified informations on "How to cross-compile a Linux Kernel for such a device with an ARM processor with an i686 PC ?"
  • Flash the phone and try the newly compiled kernel.

Does anyone knows a website with, like defined earlier, accurate and verified informations about how to complete one or both objectives ?

-- ThE_TemPLaR

Reply to
Da.Templar

tuxmobil.org