Threads/Mutex flowchart

Hi all, I am new to IPCs. i was looking for a flowchart / picture based learning of threads/mutexes. Gound tutorial but wanted the internal flow details. Please share any useful links.

Regards, GSA

Reply to
GSA

I can't help with the original request, but you should note that Mutexes are intended for use with processes, while threads should use Futexes.

But usually you don't care about this, as with threads you better use pthreadlib (part of libc) which encapsulates all this four you. here you use the ptherad_mutex...() functions to manage the Futexes :) .

-Michael

Reply to
Michael Schnell