telnet and /dev/pts

Hi all,

I have a problem with telnet. I have copiled kernel 2.6.7 with unix98 ptys.
I have created /dev/pts directory and I've started telnetd daemon but I cant
telnet to this. When I create character devices /dev/pts/0, /dev/pts/1  I'am
able to connect but after each telnet session next device is choosen for
example:
telnet <ip>    - on linux /dev/pts/0 is used
exit
telnet <ip>    - on linux /dev/pts/1
exit

When the last device was choosen I'm not able to establish connection.
Have you got any idea how to solve this problem?

Best regards
Jacek

Re: telnet and /dev/pts
Hello,

ptys.

Have you also compiled the devpts and/or devfs file system into it?

cant
I'am

You have to mount the /dev/pts file system using devpts.
Then every wish for such a device is fulfilled automatically.
You can also use devfs for /dev/* entries, which is recommended since it's a
more general solution.

Hope this helps,
Sebastian

Re: telnet and /dev/pts