Substitution for Windows.h

Hai all, I am having a sample code for communicating a sagem biometric finger print scanner through a serial port in windows environment,in which a header file called is existing.Can anybody tell me the necessary and replacement header file to compile that sample code in linux environment.

Thanks in advance.

With Regards,

emb in linux

Reply to
emb in linux

Type this at the command prompt :

touch /usr/include/windows.h

Reply to
Geronimo W. Christ Esq

google produced the following

Your choice is to use wine???? or "to replace your only windows.h functions with analogues POSIX-like. see Windows32 API and read more in MSDN."

--
The ripest fruit falls first.
		-- William Shakespeare, "Richard II"

Hai I have tried with wine . But i got the following messages and the application went to wait stage forever.

Messages: c With Regards

emb in linux.

Reply to
emb in linux

Looks like you'll need to if 0 out some stuff, and go from there ...

Maybe try recompileing your app against winelib:

-Menno.
Reply to
Menno Duursma

windows.h contains non-portable M$-Windows only functions. The proper way would be to completely eliminate windows.h and replace the functions declared in there with their posix equivalents.

As far as serial port access is concerned you may have a look at the "Serial Programming Guide for POSIX Operating Systems" which can be found at the following URL:

If you are unable to port the non-portable functions you may also have a look at libwine, which I would consider a more improper way :)

Sven

--
Kernel panic: I have no root and I want to scream
(Linux Kernel Error Message)

Reply to
emb in linux

hai all can anybody tell me the exact replacement of BOOLEAN datatype in linux. Thanks. With Regards emb in linux.

Reply to
emb in linux

When required, I use: typedef unsigned char BOOLEAN;

Apostolos

--
Replace earth.space with gmail.com for a valid e-mail
Reply to

hai all I have written a c code which test's the two serial ports via Null modem cable and its working fine.But in that code i only used termios structure and have n't used the files like serial.h and serial.c. what are those files really meant for? how to use those? If anybody knows please clear me...plz Thanks in Advance.

With Regards,

emb in linux.

Reply to
emb in linux

Hai all, Here i want to initialise a timmer by utilising termios structure in process of establishing serial communications( exact replica for COMTIMEOUTS in DCB).can any body tell me how to acheive this? Waiting for your reply's!! With Regards, emb in linux.

Reply to
emb in linux

Hai all, First of all A Very Happy New Year To All. As i said earlier, I am having a sagem biometric finger scanner code in windows operating system and now I successfully replaced the windows.h with termios.h.I debuged the code with GDB and found that it is getting stuck in Read call. Is there any debugging tools in linux to check my code .My code contains some 20-25 functions.It is heard to judge the error in GDB.I hope i explaned clearlly. Waiting for ur responses...

Thanking you. With Regards emb in linux.

Reply to
emb in linux