SlackEmbedded - Installation of slackware on a CompactFlash

Hi all

I just want to tell you that I have written a few scripts for installing slackware on a CompactFlash disk for embedded systems. It should be very generic, so it should be possible to use it in a lot of different projects.

It builds a ramdisk with all the files that should be writable, and everything on the CF disk is write protected. In this way the disk is never changed, and therefore the system should always be able to boot, and flash issues regarding its lifetime is neglected.

SlackEmbedded can for example be used in products like these:

  • Network routers * Information monitors * Entertainment machines * Anything where a "Linux box" is a possibility

If you are interrested, you can read more (and download) on my (very primitive) website:

Any comments are more than welcome!

Best regards

Tue Henriksen

Reply to