sash and msh shells

I'd like to run a not completely initialization script in a ”CLinux
system. I can run the "sash" and/or the "msh" shell (sash is the
default, msh can be enabled via busybox).

I need to do some "if" clauses.

Does sash and/or msh provide "if" ? What can be used as decisions ?
(e.g. directory exist, results of commands, ...) What is the syntax ?

I need to use some variables.

I do know that both can do variables, but sash does not have "export".
Are all variables exported by sash, or does it export none ?

I suppose both can do "source" ("." command) to let me set variables
from a file.

Can somebody point me to descriptions of sash and msh ?

Thanks,

-Michael

Re: sash and msh shells
On Fri, 23 May 2008 22:14:23 +0200, Michael Schnell rearranged some
electrons to say:

Google is over this way --->    try "sash shell" or "stand alone shell"

Re: sash and msh shells

Yep,

I did find the sash man page in a Linux installation.

But I did not find anything about conditional execution. Is it true that
sash can't do any "if" ?

Moreover I did not find out if sash exports all it's variables into the
environment of the processes it starts.

I did not find any description of msh, that I heard is recommended if
you want to do things sash can't.

-Michael

Re: sash and msh shells
On Sat, 24 May 2008 17:25:42 +0200, Michael Schnell rearranged some
electrons to say:

From the description, 'sash' is something that is usually only used when
nothing else will run (ie. system is scrogged).

Site Timeline