How can I get TV or stereo to the next room

If someone has satellite or cable TV in 2 rooms, and has a wireless remote in one of them anyway ( 1 box feeds 2 rooms that way ), and they want to send the signal from that box into a third room without having to hire someone to run cable in the crawl space, can't that be done?

I used to hear about something called a TV rabbit that could hop the TV signal to another room. In this case, all we want is the stereo from the music channels on cable, to be sent out to the FM receiver in the living room, so we can listen to the music out there.

What can do that, how expensive is it, and what's it called nowdays?

--
- Mama Bear
Reply to

Mama Bear wrote this in :

Ah, well, I don't know what people call it, but if you have a telly there already, simply wire from the input of the audio amplifier to the other room, or alternatively wire from output of amplifier and dampen the signal to fit Line In or whatever you need. That is easiest solution if you have a telly that is always-on.

--
MVH,
Vidar

www.bitsex.net
Reply to
Vidar Løkken

There are several ways. I now have a box made by Recoton - I don't know if they are still around - that transmits a pretty good signal over electrical wires. You just attach it to your amplifiers outputs, plug it in, and plug in the speakers in another room. When I was much younger I had an AM radio that reached through my college dorm.

Bill

Reply to
Bill

Mama Bear wrote in news:Xns96BE7C043AC2FMama@

216.196.97.142:

With an A/V sender/ Besides, you don't need to hire "A guy" to run wires, that is something most can do themselves.

Reply to
Gary Tait

Mama bear don't do crawl spaces. :)

--
- Mama Bear
Reply to

You remember well. They were called the "TV Rabbit". Out of production now, but I still see them on Ebay, in fact there is one available now: Item # 5801418966. Hurry... only a day or so left.

But to more directly answer your question about getting music to your FM reciever,, you can probably find exactly what you're after at Best Buy. They're called FM Transmitters. Surf over to Best Buy's web site at

and search for "FM Transmitter"

Belkin TuneCast Mobile FM Transmitter Model: F8V367-APL @ $19.99 DynexT Portable Wireless FM Transmitter Model: DX-AC101 @ $19.99 RCA Portable FM Transmitter - Blue Model: MM70FM @ $20.99

I'm not a Best Buy advocate, but in surfing their web site, I saw that you can get one of those transmitters FREE if you buy a Sony walkman.

Check it out.

Cheers!!! Dave M MasonDG44 at comcast dot net (Just subsitute the appropriate characters in the address)

DaveM