Port an application from QNX to embedded linux

Is it possible to port an embedded application developed in QNX to embedded
linux ?

Please reply me on shilpig at momentum-tech dot com.

Thanx in advance

Re: Port an application from QNX to embedded linux
linux ?

I Just attended a talk from SYSGO (www.sysgo.com). They described ways
to port embedded applications developed in VxWorks to embedded linux and
stated that it often is not very difficult and that many of their
customers already went that way. Supposedly the situation with QNX is
similar.

-Michael

Re: Port an application from QNX to embedded linux

Apparently they did not provide the paper on line.

 "http://www.google.ca/search?as_q=vxworks&as_sitesearch=www.sysgo.com "

MontaVista has some documents, but some are hidden on a password
protected sight.

 "http://legacy2linux.sourceforge.net/"

fwiw,
Bill Pringlemeir.

--
I can remember when riding motorcycles was dangerous and sex was safe.
- Unknown

Re: Port an application from QNX to embedded linux
The attendees were supplied with a file PDF that contained the
presentation used during the (nearly free) speech. I think they would
send it to you on request.

-Michael

Re: Port an application from QNX to embedded linux
BTW. I would take a look at ELinOS. Same might help you to create you
"Distribution".

-Michael

Re: Port an application from QNX to embedded linux
Sorry, wrong thread.

-Michael

Re: Port an application from QNX to embedded linux

Which version of QNX, and which version of "embedded Linux"?  What
does your application do? If you want good answers, ask good
questions.  Otherwise you're asking a bunch of strangers to help you
by guessing what your problem is.

If you are using QNX 6, porting should be easy.  Both use the GNU
compiler tools, both support POSIX, pthreads, etc.  However, you could
be in trouble if your code has strict real-time requirements since
Linux will not match QNX's performance in that regard.

Re: Port an application from QNX to embedded linux

If there are hard realtime requirements be prepared to use RTAI or such
additionally to Linux. I did not try but I was told multiple times that
this mostly is not a big problem.

-Michael

Site Timeline