pci driver 2.4-> 2.6

Hello, I have a good pci driver (linux 2.4 +rtai ) (i use the book from Alessandro Rubini but only driver with linux 2.4 are explained) I want change to linux 2.6 but the Makefile don't work at all . How can I do modification for this ?

Reply to
Kakrocq

Hi,

AFAIK kernel modules using 2.6.x are named *.ko. So the file name ending

*.o has changed to *.ko. Furthermore a file of the kernel tree is linked to your module using 2.6.x You can find detailed information on device drivers using 2.6.x at:

At the end of the article you can find the following headline: "Changes to the Build Process for Modules"

Hope this will help.

Kind regards

Quitschn

Reply to