DMA Drivers?

Hi all,

I am going to attempt to write a driver to access the SSP port in the EP9301 processor. If anyone has example code or information that might help me to write this driver I would greatly appreciate the help. I have not written drivers before so any help would be welcome. I also do not understand how to put the driver into the kernel. Do I have to rebuild the kernel each time I want to edit the code? Or can I put the driver in the kernel with out rebuilding it?

Thank you in advance,

Brad

Reply to
Brad Pelletier

First of all: Linux Device Drivers, 2nd Edition By Alessandro Rubini & Jonathan Corbet:

But if you want to use Kernel 2.6 you supposedly need additional information, as a lot has changed in the device driver interface.

-Michael

Reply to
Michael Schnell