PCI Device Driver - Newbie

Hello,

I am writing a PCI Device Driver for a customised PCI card.
I have one basic doubt.

The PCI Driver structure does not have open, close, read, write in the
FOPS.
so do we have to create a another layer of driver above this PCI Driver
to handle all
these mentioned functionalities.

Where can i get a sample PCI driver to study ?

Thanks
Raj

Re: PCI Device Driver - Newbie
 > Hello,
Hello

 > I am writing a PCI Device Driver for a customised PCI card.
 > I have one basic doubt.
 >
 > The PCI Driver structure does not have open, close, read, write in the
 > FOPS.
Because it is the driver of PCI-bus-controller. It implements routine to
communicate with a PCI-card on PCI-bus through a PCI-protocol.

 > so do we have to create a another layer of driver above this PCI Driver
 > to handle all
 > these mentioned functionalities.
Yes.
If you need to implement read() and write(), you should register a char
driver and include it in PCI list (pci_register_driver()).

 > Where can i get a sample PCI driver to study ?
<kernel_src>/driver/char
<kernel_src>/driver/video

teo_icKs

Site Timeline