openssh integrated into ELDK?

Anyone have experience integrating OpenSSH into ELDK? If so, have any scripts or packages you'd be willing to share?

I know it's doable. I've considered both OpenSSH and "dropbear", but prefer the former for compatiblity reasons.

Please advise.

Thanks in advance, Glen

-- Glen Call snipped-for-privacy@flash.net

Reply to
Glen Call

Both OpenSSH and "dropbear" are trivial to port.

What exactly is your problem?

Best regards,

Wolfgang Denk

Phone: (+49)-8142-4596-87  Fax: (+49)-8142-4596-88   Web: www.denx.de
The software required `Windows 95 or better', so I installed Linux.
Reply to
Wolfgang Denk

Wolfgang -

I've noticed that others have accomplished this integration (namely Arcom), and was hoping to save myself the effort.

Since the last posting I have undertaken this myself, but ran into problems when a non-ELDK client is attempting to gain access to sshd running on ELDK. The error is "Corrupted MAC on input" that occurs after the client sends SSH2_MSG_SERVICE_REQUEST. I see a similar error if I reverse things and have a ELDK system client attempt to connect to a server on a YellowDog system. I do not get the error if I have a client on ELDK attempt to connect to a server on the same system.

Here's the output of the client (YDL 3.0):

# ssh -v 192.168.52.111 OpenSSH_3.8p1, SSH protocols 1.5/2.0, OpenSSL 0.9.7a Feb 19 2003 debug1: Reading configuration data /usr/local/etc/ssh_config debug1: Connecting to 192.168.52.111 [192.168.52.111] port 22. debug1: Connection established. debug1: identity file /root/.ssh/identity type -1 debug1: identity file /root/.ssh/id_rsa type -1 debug1: identity file /root/.ssh/id_dsa type -1 debug1: Remote protocol version 1.99, remote software version OpenSSH_3.8p1 debug1: match: OpenSSH_3.8p1 pat OpenSSH* debug1: Enabling compatibility mode for protocol 2.0 debug1: Local version string SSH-2.0-OpenSSH_3.8p1 debug1: SSH2_MSG_KEXINIT sent debug1: SSH2_MSG_KEXINIT received debug1: kex: server->client aes128-cbc hmac-md5 none debug1: kex: client->server aes128-cbc hmac-md5 none debug1: SSH2_MSG_KEX_DH_GEX_REQUEST(1024client aes128-cbc hmac-md5 none debug1: SSH2_MSG_KEX_DH_GEX_REQUEST received debug1: SSH2_MSG_KEX_DH_GEX_GROUP sent debug1: expecting SSH2_MSG_KEX_DH_GEX_INIT debug1: SSH2_MSG_KEX_DH_GEX_REPLY sent debug1: SSH2_MSG_NEWKEYS sent debug1: expecting SSH2_MSG_NEWKEYS debug1: SSH2_MSG_NEWKEYS received debug1: KEX done Disconnecting: Corrupted MAC on input. debug1: do_cleanup debug1: do_cleanup

Suggestions?

Thanks in advance, Glen

Wolfgang Denk wrote:

-- Glen Call snipped-for-privacy@flash.net

Reply to
Glen Call

This seems to be something which happens even when ELDK is not involved. Try googling for the phrase...

Sorry, I have no solution.

Best regards,

Wolfgang Denk

Phone: (+49)-8142-4596-87  Fax: (+49)-8142-4596-88   Web: www.denx.de
When a program is being  tested,  it  is  too  late  to  make  design
changes.                  -- Geoffrey James, "The Tao of Programming"
Reply to
Wolfgang Denk