cross-compiling with eldk...

Hello all,

I have made below post to comp.os.linux.ppc, and I decided thought this group is possibly another related group. So I paste my post also to this group:

I have a problem about cross-compiling a software packet for PPC using ELDK. In fact, my problem may be about the GNU build system; so, my apologies if you think this group is not the right place for this issue.

As you all are probably familiar that configure script in a GNU build system generates a Makefile considering the config.sub file which is used to define the machine type. In addition, configure script generates the config.h file for the underlying OS dependencies.

When building our software packet, what really is the way to make the configure script generate the config.h file for the target system. Is giving --host=OUR_TARGET enough for this? Or is there any other configure script inputs those should be considered? Or, is it possible for this issue to vary from one software packet to the other?

In addition, I could not find prefix "ppc_8xx" in the "basic_machine" variable of "config.sub" file of the free code that I am working to compile, and I have simple added this for all the "basic_machine" variable in the "config.sub" file? Do you think this will work?

Thanks...

Reply to
Murat Artun