Turning optimizations off for ELDK gcc

Hello all,
I am trying to compile the embedded kernel 2.6.19.2 without any
optimizations, so I can debug it.  I have commented out the "CFLAGS +=
-O2" on the main kernel Makefile.  However this does not compile due
"sorry, unimplemented: inlining failed in call to ..."
Can I compile the kernel without any optimizations ?

Platform: PPC MPC8349
Tools : Denx ELDK GCC (4.1 4.0.0), GDB ...

Thanks
   Janaka

Re: Turning optimizations off for ELDK gcc

To be able to debug you do not need to disable optimisation. Try with "-O1"

Hope it helps
Juergen

Re: Turning optimizations off for ELDK gcc

Juergen, Thanks for the reply.
I am currently using -O1 (== -O). It jumps around a bit because of
optimizations.  Its reasonable if I step through assembler.  I was
hoping to step through C code.
BTW I am using the BDI2000 JTAG to do this.

Site Timeline