Linux in embedded MIPS32 systems

Hello,

I have just bought ADSL modem/router inside I found prepared Linux. Could someone tell me how to debug (remotely) kernel via USB/serial line (router has USB port) ? Is any free/commercial emulator for Broadband MIPS32 platform ?

Regards, FO

Reply to
Fibre Optic

I have just prepare crosscompilator and compile kernel. I am looking for safe way to test new kernel ? Does anyone know howto handle it ?

Regards, FO

Reply to
Fibre Optic

first tell as the exact model of the hardware

Pozdrawiam.

--
RusH   //
 http://randki.o2.pl/profil.php?id_r=352019

Hello,

router I have is US Robotics 9106 :

it has a CPU made by Broadcom ( 96345 ), here you can read about CPU/Main board:
.

If you have any additional question just let me know.

Regards, FO

Reply to
Fibre Optic

great hardware, but USR is a bitch not giving out all of the GPLed code.

Pozdrawiam.