mouse with X11 and linux embedded

Hello,
I use linux embedded with X11 , when i power up the system , i launch
"xinit myappl" but i don't know if there is a mouse connected or a
keyboard connected also.
if there are no mouse connected xinit go to an error .
I think that the best is to know if a mouse is connected  before to run
 xnit and change the file Xconfig.

So my question is : how to know if a mouse or a keyboard is connected and
the type of mouse ?

Re: mouse with X11 and linux embedded
Hi Akeu!

Why?

Have a look at "AllowMouseOpenFail" Option and let Mouse and KB
"SendCoreEvent"s and not "CorePointer" "CoreKeyboard"...
This way both are optional...

HTH. Salut, Joerg

--
gpg/pgp key # 0xe40a9d7a
fingerprint d4f8 b448 835b 7bcf 4161  ce35 7e8b ab47 e40a 9d7a

Site Timeline