mouse with X11 and linux embedded

Hello, I use linux embedded with X11 , when i power up the system , i launch "xinit myappl" but i don't know if there is a mouse connected or a keyboard connected also. if there are no mouse connected xinit go to an error . I think that the best is to know if a mouse is connected before to run xnit and change the file Xconfig.

So my question is : how to know if a mouse or a keyboard is connected and the type of mouse ?

Reply to
Akeu

Why?

Have a look at "AllowMouseOpenFail" Option and let Mouse and KB "SendCoreEvent"s and not "CorePointer" "CoreKeyboard"... This way both are optional...

HTH. Salut, Joerg

--
gpg/pgp key # 0xe40a9d7a
fingerprint d4f8 b448 835b 7bcf 4161  ce35 7e8b ab47 e40a 9d7a