Motorola PQ2FADS board

Hi, I am trying to load embedded linux on PQ2FADS-ZU evaluation board of motorola using an 100 MHz MPC8280-ZU processor. I am using the old ADS8260 port of 2.4.18 ppc linux version. I make the modifications in order to understand the new cpu ID and loads the Architecture of the 8260 setup. I am loading the zImage with a lauterbach JTAG debugger TRACE32 in memory and run.The kernel runs until start_kernel and then goes into the setup_arch function. The program crashes when execute the initialiazation of bootmem. I thing that the problem is the MMU setup of the 8280. I like to know if anyone knows if there are any differences in the MMU of 8260 and 8280. If anyone else has make the job with the 8280 startup i'd like to help me for the patch of the kernel.

Thanks in advance all of you

Alexandros Alexopoulos System Software Design engineer INTRACOM S.A email: snipped-for-privacy@otenet.gr

Reply to
Alexandros Alexopoulos