Essay on Embedded Linux

Hi
I have to write 1000 words on embedded GNU/linux.  I need a link to
information on an product that uses embedded linux and the
specification on that product so I can write why to use embedded
GNU/Linux for that product.  Can anyone help?
Many thanks
Gazz

Re: Essay on Embedded Linux

www.linuxdevices.com

--
Grant Edwards                   grante             Yow!  Jesus is my
                                  at               POSTMASTER GENERAL...

Here comes a link to a report I had written last summer
http://www.4real.se/pdf/linux_ert_survey_4real.pdf .

Note however that this is copywrited material. Feel free to use the
information in the report, and please contact me if you would like to
quote parts of the report and publish it.

Best regards,

Alain Mosnier

Re: Essay on Embedded Linux

Not sure whether this is what You are asking for, but the Asus WL500G Router
uses (like many other routers) linux as OS, the specs can be found at the
Asus site (however, maybe not in as much detail about the internal hardware
as You would like but that might be in the source of the firmware) and the
firmware is - along with the source code - downloadable as well. However,
this file is always posted on the Asus site with the extension .zip and my
winzip refuses to open it. Instead I have to add ".tgz" to it and then
everyting is OK.

Hoping to have been of help I remain.

Yours sincerely,
Rene