Most mature Linux GSM SMS box...

I need an embedded device running Linux with a GSM SMS gateway capable
of sending status sms messages and take action upon receiving sms messages.

Which options do I have...?

Geir

Re: Most mature Linux GSM SMS box...

I made a PIC-based project that sent SMS via a cellphone
connected via RS232/serial port.
The cellphone looks and acts like a modem using Hayes-like "AT" commands
for sending and receiving SMS.
The magic is in formatting the message if the phone does not
support the plain non-compressed formats.
I found some "C" libraries for the SMS formatting
and a stand-alone program that sends messages
and lets you see the resulting commands and replies.
--

-- mejeep deMeep ferret!

Site Timeline