Free embedded realtime software & docs

Hello,

I have updated the free material available for download, the latest includes a case study of the Hicom PBX embedded system and software design

regards dmctek.googlepages.com

Reply to
dmctek.googlepages.com

You are such a stupid tool. Go away with your stupid viruses!

Reply to
anon

Pal I'm 40 years old. I've been professionally employed in Research positions in the computer industry since 1990. I have very little interest in taking over the web from my homepage, but It did make me laugh quite a bit.

More to the point, I'm not faking anything or doing anything that a million other people haven't already done on the web/internet.

Regards.

Reply to
dmctek.googlepages.com

Your website is unusable. All that turns up in Firefox is a few coloured rectangles. With Opera, some information is visible, but it looks so bad I have no interest in looking further. Here's a few clues for you (and anyone else making websites). Drop the "browser detection" drivel - code to proper standards, and check with proper tools. Don't use javascript unless it really adds something to the site - and even then, make it navigable without it. Drop background pictures - they make text harder to read. Don't use light-on-dark text, it is hard to read. Don't use badly scaled images instead of text. If it is a professional website, don't use blatant freebee sites with adverts or stupid pictures. And don't spam a range of newsgroups with adverts for your commercial sites. If you are offering some information of interest to these groups, post a link to that information, and let the user then navigate to your commercial pages from there.

I'm sure you have plenty of interesting information to share with people, but your current site does not do that.

mvh.,

David

Reply to
David Brown

I can read it OK (IE6)

Clearly you are not using God's Own Web Browser! :-)

Couldn't agree more

Well said... Too may forget the basics.

Yes it detracts and people thing it is not professional

I agree. If you have something of interest to a discussion then post a link. There are people from most tool/compiler companies lurking on here as well as many distributors. Imagine what it would be like if they all started to drop in commercials.

 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
Chris Hills

Hello folks,

Chris Hills schrieb:

I can't see any text either on Firefox 2.x or IE6. But there is kind of a content on dmctek.googlepages.com/index.html, but th enavigation is broken and no Name and contact info to be found.

This can't be professional!

Take care.

--
BaSystem Martin Raabe
E: Martin.RaabeB-a-S-y-s-t-e-mde

In article , Martin Raabe writes

Well yes it can... There are many people in the embedded world who are very good but have no real idea when it comes to web stuff. (I bought in a template because it was a bit beyond me)

The OP may not realise what is required, or rather what should be avoided to work in most browsers. I tend to have the settings on my web authoring tool set to permit 90% of browsers and test on three browsers. IE, Netscape (an old one) and Safari.

However it is not professional to not check if your web site works with several browsers in your target market.

 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
Chris Hills

As one who is often critisied for the design of my site...... :o)

Using IE6 I find I can brows all pages, but the menu on the left only works from the main page, but this does not really cause a problem. Using FF 2 the menu on the left does not work.

There is not much to see anyway.

--
Regards,
Richard.
 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
FreeRTOS.org

Obviously its an IE only website. This is what David explained an what needs to be avoided for any information that you want to show to decent addressees.

-Michael

Reply to
Michael Schnell

And thin skined too.

Reply to
Donald

IE6 is probably the worst 'checking' browser possible.

--

 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
CBFalconer

In article , Michael Schnell writes

That's good coming from someone with an aol address :-)

 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
Chris Hills

:) :) :) It's intended to confuse the spammers' search engines not the readers :) :) :)

-Michael

Reply to
Michael Schnell

In article , Michael Schnell writes

Actually it looks like a VERY good idea! I might to that to mine. Most of the spam comes out of the US so why shouldn't it go back to AOL :-)

 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
Chris Hills

the 'from' and the 'reply-to' content.

--

 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
CBFalconer

OOps. I don't see a "reply-to" with my forum messages.

-Michael

Reply to
Michael Schnell

While using several browsers to check a new site is better than not checking at all, I'd suggest that the proper way to test a site is to submit each page to the W3C HTML validator at:

If it yields errors (and if you're using a WYSIWYG web editor, it almost certainly will), it pays to understand them - and hence ultimately write proper W3C-compliant code.

Having said that, there are still cases where good code will render differently with different browsers - but even then one learns to code in browser-independent ways.

One reason why IE6 (etc) is not a great site checker is that it's too tolerant of malformed HTML. While tolerance might seem like a good idea, it's actually against the spirit of the W3C spec (which suggests that a browser encountering malformed code should show nothing). The rationale here is to try to improve the quality of the HTML out there, most of which is close to disastrous.

Steve

(and yes, feel free to run the validator on these pages ;))

Reply to
Steve at fivetrees

In article , Steve at fivetrees writes

This proves my point... I have no idea what W3C is (I shall endeavour to find out.)

I use Dreamweavr set to do html for a very wide selection of browsers. I rune the checker on that as well as testing in 3 browsers. OTOH my web sites tend to be simple. I am an embedded Engineer not a web programmer.

Not really because if it is tolerant it will let though a lot that others will have difficulty reading.

I agree.

Thanks

 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
Chris Hills

The W3C (WorldWideWeb Consortium) are the people who are responsible for the specs for HTML and XHTML ;).

Well, yes, I take your point. But (X)HTML is a fairly simple language (albeit usually rendered incomprehensible by them thar WYSIWYG editors) - no conditionals or loops ;). I found it far easier to learn XHTML/CSS than to find an editor whose output I actually approved of.

My main tip is the same one that W3C are promoting: separate content (HTML) from style (CSS). If the HTML contains anything to do with fonts, colours, or positions, there's a better, simpler way of doing it.

Steve

Steve at fivetrees

Chris Hills wrote:

...and produce what?? **Bad guesses** is what.

It appears that you agree with "disastrous" but not with "improve the quality".

The solution to better Web pages is **ignore broken code**. M$ is the scourge of the Internet.

*-*-*-Department-of-Justice+*-competitors-that-do-not-*-*-support-Microsoft's.extensions+*.describe.Microsoft's.strategy+*-goal-*-*-*-*-to-monopolize-a-*-category+features-not-*-*-*-*-*-*-part-of-the-standard

Reply to
JeffM