GPS and GSM modules -- where to get?

Hi, all

I am after couple of embedded GPS modules, embedded GSM modules (modem and SMS ability required) and antennas for both.

Those are for prototype projects and I need a local supplier who is willing to sell couple of them at reasonable price. Farmell and RS are likely to have them, but they are way too expensive and i will need to find a local supplier anyway for a quantity if projects take off.

Ideally, I'd love to get PCB mounted ones.

Thanks, Rudolf

Reply to
Rudolf

We use this device:

Peter

Reply to
Pete

Rockby had some GSM modules a while back for around $50...you might want to have a look at them. Or do you want something you know you can obtain the same of at a later date for production?

GPS modules occasionally turn up on ebay but same story, getting the same ones at a later date could be a problem.

James

Reply to
James

GPS modules for $44 buy it now on Ebay located in Brisbane $5 postage.

James

Reply to
James

Hi, James,

Yes, I need something with a view to get more for production.

Rudolf

Reply to
Rudolf

Thanks, Peter.

Rudolf

Reply to
Rudolf

IIRC down to ~$100in dozens

Look at the Telit modules - Oz supplier is

Try to get module with integrated SIM holder & antenna connector rather than solder pads.

Reply to
Robbo

*** Reader offer : Win this product *** Three Compact GPRS GPS Developer Packages to Give Away win a fast-track positioning solution bundled with access to the track4free server

With a little luck you can win one. The starter kits supports

based on Google Maps. Round Solutions runs the worldwide biggest user forum for GSM / GPS modules. The community do have more then 3500 users. Best regards Meff

Meff