Moon on a stick

 From a total noob...

What I'm looking for is a Linux image with Wine on a disc.
Put it into a drive and it sets itself up neatly on the h/w.
Just like putting XP on a new machine (except easier).

I'd like to use embedded Linux but I need to run some XP oriented progs
and .dlls on it.

Otherwise it's embedded XP.

--
Dirk

Re: Moon on a stick
Try be a bit more specific about what your trying to achieve, you've
obviously got some sort of embedded system, but xp programs are you
trying to run on it?

Write back with the apps, function, and hardware specifications...

Re: Moon on a stick
You can make custom live images, following this guide here (seems
pretty extensive incl building the kernel yourself):

http://souptonuts.sourceforge.net/cdrom.htm

but I have heard of any distros which are live and contain wine...
keep in mind running wine on an embedded system is like squezing your
laptop into a match box (if you are actually working with an embedded
system on a microcontoller or ARM processor u may run into problems
here).

Re: Moon on a stick

The setup will be on Intel Atom h/w - effectively a complete PC mobo.
The progs are VST host and plugins.
Also need to support a top of the range soundcard

--
Dirk