Entered-date:   18MAY98
Author:         snipped-for-privacy@geocities.com (Alberto Firpo)
Maintained-by:   snipped-for-privacy@geocities.com (Alberto Firpo)
Primary-site:   sunsite.unc.edu /pub/Linux/system/Emulators
                114 kB sim8051-1.0.tar.gz
Alternate-site: http://www.geocities.com/Yosemite/gorge/5560/software.html
Platforms:      Linux
Copying-policy: GPL
End

But I have _NO_ idea where you might find that. It hasn't been on sunsite
for at least four years.

        Old guy

Re: MCS51 emulator/simulator for UNIX

Alberto Firpo's home page is:

http://www.geocities.com/Yosemite/gorge/5560 /

So the code should be here:

http://www.geocities.com/Yosemite/gorge/5560/8051emu.tgz

--
Best Regards,
Ulf Samuelsson

I've already tried it, but it breaks when I try to compile. As I remember I
tried to fix it but it just got deeper and deeper until I gave up.

It happened to me a lot with many sourceforge projects.

Re: MCS51 emulator/simulator for UNIX
Hi, Try this :
sdcc.sourceforge.net/

This is as fas as I know, the most popular 8051 simulatir for Linux.
Btw, is your requirement a emulator or simulator and did you try
googling before posting here ?

Re: MCS51 emulator/simulator for UNIX

yes I did, and not only that, I searched torrents, limewire, irc etc.

finally I found lots of emulators on sourceforge, but they all seem like
unfinished buggy software except one: cereal. That's a promissing piece of
software.

and I want a simulator. I'll give sdcc a try, but I don't remember running
into it on sourceforge.

Thanks.

Re: MCS51 emulator/simulator for UNIX

tried it, it's not even an emulator, but a compiler. quoting:

"SDCC is a Freeware, retargettable, optimizing ANSI - C compiler that
targets the Intel 8051, Maxim 80DS390 and the Zilog Z80 based MCUs."

Thanks for the tip though, might use it in the future(-:

Site Timeline