Maximite Computer now running Unix, 2.11BSD

Maximite Computer now running Unix, 2.11BSD

now has: pForth compiler Xitami webserver

Thread at:

Cheers Don...

New MMBasic Computer

=================

-- Don McKenzie

Dontronics Site Map:

E-Mail Contact Page:
Web Camera Page:
No More Damn Spam:

These products will reduce in price by 5% every month:

Bare Proto PCB for PIC or AVR projects? "I'd buy that for a Dollar!".

Don McKenzie

Man, on what planet do you think you're living, where _spamming_ people on a daily basis will do you any good?

Shut the frack up!

Reply to
Hans-Bernhard Bröker

daily basis will do you any good?

Sorry, I didn't realize that a story about a man who spent the last 12 months of his life porting BSD Unix to a Microchip PIC32 Microcontroller, for an open source project, and releasing it in the last couple of days, wasn't a newsworthy item.

I'll severely reprimand myself, and leave you to read nothing more newsworthy in this group.

Cheers Don...

==============================

--
Don McKenzie

Dontronics Site Map: http://www.dontronics.com/sitemap
Web Camera Page:     http://www.dontronics.com/webcam
No More Damn Spam:   http://www.dontronics.com/spam

New MMBasic Computer http://www.TheMaximiteComputer.com

These products will reduce in price by 5% every month:
http://www.dontronics-shop.com/minus-5-every-month.html
http://www.dontronics-shop.com/ics.html

Bare Proto PCB for PIC or AVR projects?
"I'd buy that for a Dollar!".
http://www.dontronics-shop.com/simmstick-fifteen-years-on.html
Reply to
Don McKenzie

daily basis will do you any good?

of his life porting BSD Unix to a

in the last couple of days, wasn't a

in this group.

This newsgroup is for reporting electronics news/spamming/self promotion, is it?

Why don't you post URLs that have no connection to you in some way?

'Cheers'.

Reply to
Jeßus

Absolutely. Your posts are out of place in aus.electronics. Your grammar is correct, your spelling is correct, your posts are newsworthy and computer-related and betray a whiff of knowledge and experience. Might I suggest that you ease yourself gently into the mainstream by saying "f*ck" in every second sentence.

Reply to
T.T.

Don was on this (Australian) group long before you even knew it. Everybody knows him and his business and also knows that he is a fine bloke. So please go and abuse someone on some German group, which you might be more familiar with, if you really have to.

Tony

Reply to
TonyS

You've just neglected to weave in a story about Paris Hilton's latest exploits and/or exposures into your post.

And so you should! Not one word about Paris, what's the world coming to? Shocking, just shocking.

--
Three can keep a secret, if two are dead.
Reply to

Except there was no story to be seen here.

Here, in this newsgroup, there was a sequence of new threads being started every day, consisting of basically nothing but buzzwords outside any context, and links to where you say the actual story was taking place, and to your own web site.

That's no discussion, and no story. That's spam advertising web sites.

If you had wanted to tell a story, you could have kept it in _one_ thread. Or you could have announced it once, and been done with it. Or you could have actually _told_ the story here.

So even in trying to defend yourself you can't refrain from placing the same spam.

Reply to
Hans-Bernhard Bröker

Interesting that you would believe you know what I know without even knowing me.

And no, "this" is not an Australian group. man crossposting.

Reply to
Hans-Bernhard Bröker

Don, I had been about to thank you for these recent posts -- mostly because I was considering a project that doesn't compete directly, but is related. So it actually helped me to fill out my business plan better and more carefully scope where I want to head. Carefully crafting a target niche is an important early step.

I also respect Mr. Bröker's concerns, as well. I think I understand that he has seen more than one or two posts from you on this topic over a short period and you are also selling some of these products, so there is a financial interest at hand and back to back posting like this goes beyond behavior I've seen from you in the past. So I get his point. He doesn't know when its going to end and felt the need to say something.

But I understand your excitement, too. It's really pretty impressive, not terribly expensive and there is a great deal there for purely hobby/non-profit use. I noticed that the BASIC source code is available, for one thing. You've now mentioned that so is the BSD system (as it should be.)

So I guess I'm on-balance happy about what you reported and glad you did. I was personally helped, anyway.

I also think I gather that those without much interest in this might not have taken the time to find out that source code is readily available for the BASIC or O/S and that most of the rest needed to DIY is there for the taking, if one wants to. I think this also makes it more of a fit to the group, than not.

And Don? Thanks for being here. I know you are promoting yourself from rare time to time, but you are an example of what a mutual relationship can be about -- one that works hard to lift all boats. A problem in a group like this, and something that keeps me here more than elsewhere, is that comp.arch.embedded contains a very low level of spamming most of the time and a high degree of serious and interesting discussions. It's something worth protecting and I know you've been pretty sensitive to that, as well. Drawing a line is hard to do, unless you make it an absolute and unwavering one, but my feeling is that you've done a credible job on balancing the whole picture and I've not been annoyed. So I respect how you've handled your involvement.

I suppose the best thing is to leave it where it is, for now. You've provided some very interesting links and I wouldn't mind if you "spammed" my personal email with more information on it. But probably there has been enough for the next month or two on this topic in the group. Although others can fairly differ in their opinions, but I was okay so far as it went.

Just figured I'd let you know one more person's opinion. But I also can see Mr. Bröker's comment coming after several posts and knowing that you are a vendor of at least one or two related items gives him fair pause. But I also know you from your postings (no, I've never purchased a single item from you so I can't even claim to be a happy customer) that you are very, very respectful of the group as a whole, too. From all this, I can only imagine how much this project must have captured your interest!

Jon

Reply to
Jon Kirwan

Oh well, that makes him exempt from usual Usenet convention. Case closed!

Bullshit.

To what purpose?

Reply to
Jeßus

Evidently it's important to TonyS that you're German and not 'Australian'. God knows why...

Reply to
Jeßus

Didn't notice the cross posting. If you'd have known Don you wouldn't have abused him.

OK, get over it, und besuchen sie uns bald wieder:)

Reply to
TonyS

me.

Were you annoyed when t-online suddenly axed the news server ? I complained and asked for a refund since they had arbitrarily reduced the service, but (as usual) I got no response from the brain-dead morons.

Reply to
yaputya

Hans (on dick maybe), I assume you are some sort of spammer who appears to have nothing better to achieve in life than to annoy others.

You have annoyed me enough to think that you might be somehow mentally 'challenged' to post such a dumb comment, although you may not know of Don's great contributions to electronics and the very interesting links he likes to share. I, for one really appreciate Don's links, and the only thing I reasons I can think of for your message is that...

  1. You are mentally 'challenged' in some way.
  2. You are a newsgroup troll who likes to put down people just for the fun of it.
  3. You have some gripe with Don about something you purchased from him.

Any other reas> Shut the frack up!

Reply to
philx1

Like, for example, he didn't think of it himself :-).

As a long term anorak, who currently has Ultrix 3.1 running on a Qbus 11/53 in BA23 box, I found the link very interesting. It must have taken considerable effort to get working and if the guy can make a few bucks to encourage further work, the best of luck to him.

There are quite few older oddball os's that look interesting for embedded work. Doug Comer's xinu shouldn't be too much trouble to port elsewhere and was also originally written to run on PDP11, with a vax host for software development. There are already ports to

8086 and 68k.

Life's too short to be miserable etc :-)...

Regards,

Chris

Reply to
ChrisQ