Looking for ethernet adaptor with Cirrus CS8900A chip

Hi all

Looking for something that I can plug into either an
ISA or PCI slot on an x86 PC.

Thanks,
Steve

Re: Looking for ethernet adaptor with Cirrus CS8900A chip

You'll probably only find this in an ISA card.  I can't point you to
one, but if you need this for a project you can get a proto board at
http://www.edtp.com

Another popular spec is NE2000 (Realtek RTL8019AS, Asix AX88796L
10/100).  The Realtek is more readily found in $10 Ethernet cards at
shops like Fry's Electronics.  EDTP also sells proto cards for both.

Is there a reason you're specifically after the CS8900A?

Richard

Re: Looking for ethernet adaptor with Cirrus CS8900A chip

Yes - I'm working with a customer who's using that chip in their system,
and having problems with a (embedded Ada) network driver they've written.
Rather than ship me the avionics box, this would allow me to help debug
their driver locally.

I ended up getting a PC-104 SBC (TS-5300) from Technologic Systems that
has the 8900a onboard. It arrived last night... first impressions are
very good. http://www.embeddedx86.com/epc/ts5300-spec-h.html

Thanks!
Steve

Site Timeline