Linux on palmare...

The problem practically is this. I would have to develop, for the university, multimedials applications real-time for mobile device and would want to know if someone knows to advise to me one platform (palmare and OS, Linux like) on which orienting to me. I have found Familiar, uLinux or Debian for iPaq... or the palmares of Zaurus family. But I have need of functionality hard real-time (in the specific I would have to use RTLinux)... if I put a Debian distro on a Ipaq is possible to apply the RtLinux patch on its kernel? Or in alterantive... someone knows if is possible to put Stand-Alone RtLinux (an RtLinux stand alone) on iPaq?

p.s. Sorry for my english... ;-) I'm from Italy

Reply to
polarbear

polarbear ha scritto:

We guessed that just reading the subject LOL ;-) (BTW palmare = PDA)

AFAIK is not possible to use RTlinux with an iPaq, may you use a different platform rather than ARM ? Why don't you use italian RTAI instead of patented RTlinux ? Or Xenomai linux extensions.

P.S. Which university are you from ?

ciao

/marco

Reply to
Marco

Thanks indeed Marco... I go to read up on Xenomai and RTAi... then if I have some doubt I post an other message here ;-)

p.s. Federico II di Napoli if you speak italian can I contact you at your mail adress for eventual questions?

Reply to
polarbear

polarbear ha scritto:

Is the mail address you are using a real one ? I may well send mine. ciao

Reply to
Marco

Hi... I have read up on Xenomai and RTAi but... there are some complications from University. I must use RTLinux... and consequently i must find a distro linux adapted for an iPaq. I have found Familiar that is adapted for an iPaq (now I have an iPaq

3870 where I can try some tests). Familiar use a linux kernel 2.4 so I think, int theory, that is possible to apply the RTLinux patch. Now I will try...
Reply to
polarbear