Adding eeprom support to kernel

Hello, I am working on an embedded Linux project using the 2.6.10 kernel. The main processor is a Freescale Coldfire 5485. I have done some kernel work in the past but need to support a serial eeprom on the i2c bus and have not done that before. There is a driver for the eeprom part under the arch/mips/lasat directory called at93c.c but I can't see how this fits into the rest of the i2c driver model. I found two articles in linux journal

and
which seemed very informative but, again, it seems like there is something missing between what the article talks about and the at93xx driver I found. Can someone point me in the right direction?

Thanks!

Reply to
tloos