KDrive - Xfbdev

I compiled and installed the kdrive xserver "Xfbdev". I have the problem, that
it switches to a black screen, if I type in something one the keyboard or make a
mouse move. The "Xvesa" does the same. Is there somebody who has the same
problem or any solution? Thanks.

regards

    Wilfried

Re: KDrive - Xfbdev

Do you check if the Xfbdev crashed?

regards

       Ulysses

Re: KDrive - Xfbdev
Hi,

 >>I compiled and installed the kdrive xserver "Xfbdev". I have the problem, that
 >>it switches to a black screen, if I type in something one the keyboard or
make a
 >>mouse move. The "Xvesa" does the same. Is there somebody who has the same
 >>problem or any solution? Thanks.

 > Do you check if the Xfbdev crashed?

After switching to another console and back a few times I can stop the Xfbdev by
apressing alt+backspace. Now I can start it with "xinit -- /pathtoXfbdev/Xfbdev
-mouse /dev/mouse,5 [furhter options]". The first time I compiled it with an
ebuild-script from Gentoo-Linux. The second version I compiled directly from the
sources, that version works with xinit. But there comes another problem. I can
run Xfbdev with fluxbox (window manager) but when I switch to a text-console
(strg+alt+F1) and back the screen will not be repainted and it seems that the
windowmanager is crashed. Any idea?

thanks.

regards

   Wilfried

Re: KDrive - Xfbdev
On Wed, 10 Dec 2003 15:00:22 +0100, Wilfried Holzke

You've got your system setup using the Linux framebuffer, right?
--
Alex Pavloff - remove BLAH to email
Software Engineer, ESA Technology

Re: KDrive - Xfbdev
Hi,

 >>I compiled and installed the kdrive xserver "Xfbdev". I have the problem, that
 >>it switches to a black screen, if I type in something one the keyboard or
make a
 >>mouse move. The "Xvesa" does the same. Is there somebody who has the same
 >>problem or any solution? Thanks.

 > You've got your system setup using the Linux framebuffer, right?
Yes, why?

regards

   Wilfried

Re: KDrive - Xfbdev
On Tue, 16 Dec 2003 00:23:01 +0100, Wilfried Holzke

that
make a

I  just want to point out that if your framebuffer has problems,
Xfbdev will also have problems.  I'm using Xfbdev just fine -- built
right out of the XFree 4.2 codebase, with a touchscreen driver of my
own design hacked in.
--
Alex Pavloff - remove BLAH to email
Software Engineer, ESA Technology

Re: KDrive - Xfbdev
Hi,

 >>>You've got your system setup using the Linux framebuffer, right?
 >>
 >>Yes, why?

 > I  just want to point out that if your framebuffer has problems,
 > Xfbdev will also have problems.  I'm using Xfbdev just fine -- built
 > right out of the XFree 4.2 codebase, with a touchscreen driver of my
 > own design hacked in.

Ok, I will test my software with another hardware-configuration.
Thanks for your suggestions.

regards

   Wilfried

Site Timeline