KDrive - Xfbdev

Hi,

I compiled and installed the kdrive xserver "Xfbdev". I have the problem, that it switches to a black screen, if I type in something one the keyboard or make a mouse move. The "Xvesa" does the same. Is there somebody who has the same problem or any solution? Thanks.

regards

Wilfried

Reply to
Wilfried Holzke

Hi, Do you check if the Xfbdev crashed?

regards

Ulysses

Reply to
WindWalker

You've got your system setup using the Linux framebuffer, right?

--
Alex Pavloff - remove BLAH to email
Software Engineer, ESA Technology

Hi,

After switching to another console and back a few times I can stop the Xfbdev by apressing alt+backspace. Now I can start it with "xinit -- /pathtoXfbdev/Xfbdev

-mouse /dev/mouse,5 [furhter options]". The first time I compiled it with an ebuild-script from Gentoo-Linux. The second version I compiled directly from the sources, that version works with xinit. But there comes another problem. I can run Xfbdev with fluxbox (window manager) but when I switch to a text-console (strg+alt+F1) and back the screen will not be repainted and it seems that the windowmanager is crashed. Any idea?

thanks.

regards

Wilfried

Reply to
Wilfried Holzke

Hi,

regards

Wilfried

Reply to
Wilfried Holzke

that

make a

I just want to point out that if your framebuffer has problems, Xfbdev will also have problems. I'm using Xfbdev just fine -- built right out of the XFree 4.2 codebase, with a touchscreen driver of my own design hacked in.

--
Alex Pavloff - remove BLAH to email
Software Engineer, ESA Technology
Reply to
Alex Pavloff

Hi,

Ok, I will test my software with another hardware-configuration. Thanks for your suggestions.

regards

Wilfried

Reply to
Wilfried Holzke