Is Big Block Nand support available in linux 2.4.xx MTD

Ive been working on 2.4.17 kernel and find support for Small block Nand
Devices only. Is there any patch (for mtd )available for supporting Big
Block Nand devices on linux 2.4.xx.

Has anyone been successful in implementing the support for Big block in
2.4 kernel. Please do share the code or patches if available.

Thanks

Re: Is Big Block Nand support available in linux 2.4.xx MTD

Hi all,

I think the messages i post in the MTD group is getting rejected
mistaking for a spam....

I've been going through the MTD archives and found in one of the
discussion that there has been an implementation done for "2K pages
nand" on linux 2.4.xx (I guess). The Subject is "nand oob layour
assumptions" .
http://lists.infradead.org/pipermail/linux-mtd/2004-March/009515.html

http://lists.infradead.org/pipermail/linux-mtd/2004-March/009453.html

I dont find any links or updates patches mentioned afterwards for the
linux 2.4.xx kernel to support 2K pages nand (samsung Flash k9F1G08U0M
(128MB)).
Please do put some light on this ..whether the support of 2K pages in
linux 2.4.xx was ever provided.

Thanks.

Re: Is Big Block Nand support available in linux 2.4.xx MTD

It is, we're using it. They were supporting 2.4 for a while, and they did
have a version that provided 2k page size support under linux 2.4. The
problem is finding it :)

Andy

Re: Is Big Block Nand support available in linux 2.4.xx MTD

Thanks Andy, Could you plz provide me the link from where you have
downloaded the patch.

Re: Is Big Block Nand support available in linux 2.4.xx MTD

That's the trick. We downloaded it a couple of years ago, it's probably not
even there now. It was one of the 'snapshots' on the MTD site.

I no longer have the original patch file, as we applied the patch to our
kernel source tree (which is in CVS).

We're using a 2.4.20 kernel from MontaVista, with lots of modifications. I'm
not sure how difficult it would be to pull out the appropriate files from
that for you, or even if they would work with your kernel version.

I'll check and see if TPTB at work will allow me to send you what we've got.
E-mail me at work ( snipped-for-privacy@cabletime.com) to remind me.

Andy

Site Timeline