Is Big Block Nand support available in linux 2.4.xx MTD

Hi,

Ive been working on 2.4.17 kernel and find support for Small block Nand Devices only. Is there any patch (for mtd )available for supporting Big Block Nand devices on linux 2.4.xx.

Has anyone been successful in implementing the support for Big block in

2.4 kernel. Please do share the code or patches if available.

Thanks

Reply to
a81kodpadi

Hi all,

I think the messages i post in the MTD group is getting rejected mistaking for a spam....

I've been going through the MTD archives and found in one of the discussion that there has been an implementation done for "2K pages nand" on linux 2.4.xx (I guess). The Subject is "nand oob layour assumptions" .

I dont find any links or updates patches mentioned afterwards for the linux 2.4.xx kernel to support 2K pages nand (samsung Flash k9F1G08U0M (128MB)). Please do put some light on this ..whether the support of 2K pages in linux 2.4.xx was ever provided. Thanks.

Reply to
a81kodpadi

It is, we're using it. They were supporting 2.4 for a while, and they did have a version that provided 2k page size support under linux 2.4. The problem is finding it :)

Andy

Reply to
Andy Hawkins

Thanks Andy, Could you plz provide me the link from where you have downloaded the patch.

Reply to
a81kodpadi

That's the trick. We downloaded it a couple of years ago, it's probably not even there now. It was one of the 'snapshots' on the MTD site.

I no longer have the original patch file, as we applied the patch to our kernel source tree (which is in CVS).

We're using a 2.4.20 kernel from MontaVista, with lots of modifications. I'm not sure how difficult it would be to pull out the appropriate files from that for you, or even if they would work with your kernel version.

I'll check and see if TPTB at work will allow me to send you what we've got. E-mail me at work ( snipped-for-privacy@cabletime.com) to remind me.

Andy

Reply to
Andy Hawkins