Help about Cogent CSB637 Board.

Hi Everyone, I am working with Cogent CSB637 Board for last 2 weeks.But I am Stuck a one point. I am trying to Port Linux on it. I took latest patches from maxim.org.za/AT91RM9200/2.6/ and maxim.org.za/AT91RM9200/ . I applie them on kernels (2.4 /2.6). Then I configure the kernel with make ARCH=arm CROSS_COMPILE=arm-linux- xconfig In configuration I am enabling general features only. I have enable Serial Console Support for AT91RM9200.Since I am viewing my output o Hyperterminal. and compiled the kernel with make ARCH=arm CROSS_COMPILE=arm-linux- zImage then I send the zImage created by it to my board. then i run this imag with this command startlinux which is a shell script (which is correct). Then the problem begins.My kernel shows

Uncompressing Linux................................................. done, booting the kernel. Then nothing happens.I have tried many kernels and many patches but th problem is same.But when I use kernel given at at91rm.com. It goes littl further and shows "kmod: failed to exec /sbin/modprobe -s -k block-major-31, errno = 2 VFS: Cannot open root device "1f Please append a correct "root=" boot option Kernel panic: VFS: Unable to mount root fs on 1f:04 " Can anyone tell me what is wrong in my steps. I have another problem. If I successfully booted the linux . What abou the file system (like /bin /proc /sbin). How it will be created? what the steps to create it? Please guide in this issue. Please forward all your suggessions to gaurav snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com. Waiting for your reply. Bye. Regards, Gaurav Sarode.

Reply to
gauravsarode