ISDN HISAX hfc_pci big endian support

Hi list, I have an ISDN PCI card whose drivers work fine for little endian architecuter.default available in the linux src code in the section drivers/hisax/hfc_pci.c .But when I insert this card in a bigendian machine it prints:

#error "not running on big endian machines now"

and exits.This statement is present in the above mentioned file.My question is: Is there a patch already available for this problem?If anyone has already come across this,could you please share the solution.

cheers- kaushal.

Reply to
krishna

There are several other drivers for hfc based PCI Cards. Neither of them does provide all the ISDN features one could expect, especially as far as the telephone features are concerned. However Big Endian support is something I would also expect to be troublesome with them.

ISDN is and has always been a somewhat infamous chapter of Linux development :(

Besides the hisax drivers, there are at least three others:

  • misdn (new CAPI based ISDN driver)
  • visdn (AFAIK voice only?)
  • zaphfc (voice only)

Sven

--
"and on the third day he rebooted into Linux-1.3.84"
                                (Linus Torvalds, Easter Kernel Release 1996)

/me is giggls@ircnet, http://sven.gegg.us/ on the Web
Reply to
Sven Geggus

hi Sven, Thank you for the reply.The original autor of the driver replied that someone has ported it for big endian and tht was successful.it seems that someone did not commit tht version.Hope I could find that ;-) Thank you. cheers- kaushal

Reply to
krishna