Installer

Does anybody know of linux installer for some embedded platform than has no keyboard or display but has only serial port and ethernet?

Reply to
Viktar Siarheichyk

look for - google - something like "linux boot loader"

Heinz

--

with best regards / mit freundlichen Grüßen

Heinz-Jürgen Oertel

+=================================================================== | Heinz-Jürgen Oertel port GmbH
| mailto: snipped-for-privacy@port.de | phone +49 345 77755-0 fax +49 345 77755-20 | Regensburger Str. 7b, D-06132 Halle/Saale, Germany | CAN Wiki
| Newsletter:
H.-J.Oertel

Thank you, but I'm looking for installer (e.g. Debian Installer,

), not just boot loader (e.g. RedBoot,
). More over, I'd like to find an installer capable to install to a board without display and keyboard, only containing ethernet and serial ports, (e.g. EP80219 from Embedded Planet,
).

Thank you.

Reply to
Viktar Siarheichyk

The debian installer uses isolinux which is part of the syslinux package. You probably need a boot image that has syslinux.cfg edited to include the line:

serial 0 115200

or just

serial 0 9600

depending on your baud rate. You will also need to append to the kernel command line the equivalent console=ttyS0,115200n8 type option.

After that I'd expect the installation to proceed just fine as long as you pick english language. Serial install in unicode does not sound very likely. ;-)

It's been a while since I've tried this. Here are some useful googled pages:

Tim Riker