Redboot serial download of linux -- help!

Hello,

Does anybody have any experience with downloading linux to a target via (using Red Boot) the serial port?

I don't have my ethernet hardware working yet, but I would truly like to see linux boot.

Questions:

1) Where in memory should I download linux?

2) Where should I download the root filesystem? How does linux know where it is?

Thanks, Mike

Reply to
bsd_mike

Hi Mike,

pretty much anywhere.

you can put the filesystem anywhere too, but you then need to tell the kernel where to find it using the initrd= boot arguement.

regards,

Damion de Soto - Software Engineer  email:     damion@snapgear.com
 Click to see the full signature
Reply to