how to start the kernel using bdm?

Hello, I have a powerpc board in which I have the processor and sdram working, and not much else.

While the hardware guys work on getting flash and the other devices working, I would like to start getting linux up.

It was fairly easy to get a kernel built, but what steps do I have to take to load it into ram through a bdm cable? The bdm cable works with gdb.

I can download the image without problem...however, if I point the program counter to something like start_kernel, I just go off into the weeds.

Thanks for any help and examples.

-Mike

Reply to
bsd_mike