how to start debug

Hi, I have a PowerPC405 board and I know the on-board device are good as they all pass my initial test. Now I have a MontaVista Linux build and through JTAG I download the build to the board, but there is nothing coming out to my host HyperTerminal.

I stop the linux running and see PC is a value which there is no memory there, but maybe it is a virtual memory address. Now I am stuck, how to proceed.

I do not debug Linux before, but I'd like to learn. My question is what is the 1st step to debug Linux?

My host PC has PowerPC ported GDB supporting JTAG, but the build I have is optimized, I wonder how to add the debug info into build.

Thanks.

Reply to
John Black