gtk+ on embedded device

Hello Newsgroup!

Gtk+ installation  means to cross compile a lot
of libraries, which depend on each other. Is there
an easier way to install gtk+ using framebuffer
backend? ( I mean linux-fb )

I know how to install gtk+ on my host (source-files,
X11-target). But when I have to install the
X-libraries for embedded system there seems to be
no end to dependency of libraries.

________________________
what I compiled already:

glib-2.4.6
fontconfig-2.2.99
freetype-2.1.9
expat-1.95.8
libXft-2.1.6
libXrender-0.9.0
xft-2.1.2
libX11-6.2.1
libXau-0.1.1

________________________________
only for compile time (on host):
pkgconfig-0.15.0

I know pango, atk and gtk+ are still missing :-)

There is DirectFB, but the dependend libraries have
no parameter to tell them. So they want X11.
And these libraries have to be installed before gtk+
(which of course has the parameter --target=linux-fb)

How do I get gtk+ to work on an embedded device?

Albrecht

Re: gtk+ on embedded device
Hi Albrecht,

I did not look at it in detail, but could nano-gtk be an answer.
(Please google for it I forgot the exact link)

It's based on nanoX and should be relatively simple to be ported.

bye

NKF

Re: gtk+ on embedded device
nanoX-Gtk?