GDB debugger with different configurations

Hello,

I try to use GDB for MPC. The communication seems to be OK with my board.....

Now, I wish to use my GDB debugger, Already installed, on my Redhat v9.0 machine ! The problem is that the GDB on redhat has beem configured for "..i386-redhat-linux-GNU.." but absolutely not for MPC8xx family.

- How can I configure my GDB for MPC8xx family ?

I would like to avoid downloading another version of GDB, compile.... re-install ... :-)

- Is there a way to switch rapidely between 2 or 3 configurations of GDB ? (like for instance "i386-redhat..2/ MPC8xx ?

Thanks in advance for your help

Stephane

Reply to
Stephane Magnier

Hi, there is no different way other then recompile and install to another target. since it will be a cross-debugger it needs native support for different machine code. Configuration is done using configure --tartget=3Dmcp8xx and so on.

.0

DB=20 ?

Reply to
Jean Jonethal

The cross-debugger will have a different name from the system gdb. For example, my ARM debugger is arm-elf-gdb.

Please note that you need to generate a cross-debugger to debug a non-pc target, but running on the PC host - the native debugger cannot do it.

HTH

Tauno Voipio tauno voipio @ iki fi

Reply to
Tauno Voipio